|Canon Kenneth Kearon |
Secretary General of the Anglican Communion
What next steps are taken by the Church of England is up to that Province.It lists 8 provinces as having signed or subscribed:
- The Church of Ireland
- The Anglican Church of Mexico
- The Church of the Province of Myanmar
- The Anglican Church of Papua New Guinea
- The Church of the Province of South East Asia
- The Anglican Church of Southern Africa subject to final ratification
- The Anglican Church of the Southern Cone of America
- The Church in the Province of the West Indies
It omits to mention that the Episcopal Church in the Philippines has also rejected the Covenant.
Presumably these provinces are already taking steps to implement the Covenant amongst themselves as envisaged by clause 4.2.8 should any matter arise within one of them which may be of concern to any of the others.
It is hard to imagine that the Covenanteers did not anticipate a Communion in which some signed up and others did not.